Once you are done with development, you have to make the Ruby on Rails application accessible for all the users online. If you’re wondering how to host ruby on rails applications, you are in the right place. To do this, you will need to deploy the app by using a hosting service provider. There are lots of services which are promising to deliver the best hosting experience. However, not all of them are user-friendly and convenient. Luckily, Togglebox is here to help you. It enables you to host your Ruby on Rails application effortlessly. All you have to do is create a Ruby service in Togglebox and deploy the app. In this post, you will find all the details.
What is Ruby on Rails?
Ruby on Rails is an open-source web development framework. It helps you to build web applications quickly and conveniently. It has a lean codebase, which translates to fewer lines of redundant code. Also, it is highly scalable and flexible. As a result, developers around the world love to use Ruby on Rails.
Why should you use Ruby on Rails for developing web applications?
- Boosts web development workflow by providing a simple and linear codebase
- Eliminates all kinds of unnecessary repetition for faster coding
- Allows you to incorporate innovative upgrades to your web application as per the requirements conveniently
- Minimizes errors in the software development lifecycle
- Enables you to do more with less code
How can you host Ruby on Rails applications with Togglebox?
With Togglebox, you can host your Rails application effortlessly. You just need to create a Ruby service and deploy the app. You just need to follow these simple steps.
How can you create the Ruby service on Togglebox?
1. First, log into Togglebox. Then click NEW ENVIRONMENT.
2. You will see a new window. Click the Ruby tab. Here, you will find all the essential features to configure the Ruby environment.
You can select the required application server and engine version. Also, you can adjust other parameters, such as cloudlets, disk limit, and sequential restart delay. Besides, you will see the estimated cost as you change the parameters.
3. Once you are done with adjusting the parameters, set your preferred Environment Name and hit the Create button.
4. It will take several minutes for the Ruby environment to be created. Once the process is completed, it will start running automatically.
5. Now, hover on the environment name. Then click the Open in Browser icon.
6. If you have managed to set up everything successfully, you will see this page:
That’s it! You have managed to create the Ruby service on Togglebox. Next, you will have to deploy your web application.
How can you deploy your Rails application with Togglebox?
Togglebox has made it very easy to deploy your Rails application. With just a few clicks, you can make it accessible for all the users online. With Togglebox, you can deploy the application via archive or URL or Git. Simply follow these steps.
How to Deploy Rails Application via Archive
1. Expand Application Servers. Then hover on Deployments.
2. Click the Deploy Archive icon.
3. Browse and select the zip file on your PC. Then select the Deployment Type. Finally, click the Deploy button.
How to Deploy Rails Application from URL
1. Hover on Deployments. Then click the Deploy from URL icon.
2. Enter the link. Choose Deployment Type. Then hit the Deploy button.
How to Deploy Rails Application via Git
1. Hover on Deployments. Then click the Deploy from Git / SVN icon.
2. Add your repository. Choose Deployment Type. Then click the Deploy button.
Togglebox has made the process of hosting Ruby on Rails applications very simple. You just need to create a Ruby service and deploy the app. There is no extra hassle. So, you can make your Ruby on Rails application accessible online effortlessly.