Terms of Service
All accounts are bound by this Agreement. Last Updated on July 22, 2020 (Promotional Credit policy updated)
- All Togglebox services are periodic services, and will renew automatically until canceled by the client.
- All Cloud Virtual Datacenter fees are due in advance of the services provided. Failure to pay in advance may result in termination or suspension of services without notice.
- All Hourly Cloud hosting fees are based on your resource allocation for the previous month, and are post-paid.
- Services that are 3 days past due will be suspended.
- Services that are 14 days past due will incur a late fee up to $20.
- Services that are 20 days past due will be terminated, including all data and all backups.
- All Refund Requests must be submitted by Support Ticket, or by E-Mailing email@example.com from your account’s Authorized E-mail address.
- If you cancel within the first 7 days you may request a full refund of any periodic fees.
- Cancellations after the first 7 days are not eligible for refunds.
- Pre-payments for 3, 6 and 12 months, and Credit Deposits, are NOT refundable unless the cancellation is requested within the Money Back Guarantee period (First 7 days).
- Refunds will only be sent to the payment method that originally made the purchase.
- If an account has due invoices, all refunds will be processed as account credits.
- SSL Certificates, Domain Registrations, Domain Transfers, Account Credits, Setup Fees, and Support Fees are all NOT refundable
- Money Back Guarantee only applies to the first purchase for an individual, group or account.
- Cancellation requests must be scheduled via the provided control panel or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org from your account’s Authorized E-mail Address.
- For the security of our clients:
- Cancellations requests sent by E-mail may require additional validation or verification.
- Togglebox will not process any cancellation requests sent from non-authorized contact.
- Togglebox will not accept cancellation requests via phone, Live Chat, fax, or standard mail.
- If you cancel your service, but fail to transfer your site(s) to another provider and continue to utilize our hosting network you will be billed until such time that you are no longer utilizing our services.
- Promotions are only eligible for use by new and unique clients, unless otherwise specified.
- Promotional Credits expire after 30 days.
- Togglebox pays an Affiliate Bonus of $50 per unique sign-up.
- Affiliate payouts can be made via PayPal or Togglebox Account Credits.
- To be eligible for the sign-up bonus each sign-up must:
- Pass our Fraud Screening process.
- Be a new and unique sign-ip.
- Remain active and in good financial and account standing for 90 days.
- Hourly Clouds MUST be in continuous use for 90 days to be eligible for an Affiliate Payout. Empty ($0) Hourly Clouds do not qualify until they have reached 90 continuous days of active billing.
- Information in the Affiliate Center in the Client Area is not always accurate, and should only be used to view basic Sign-up information.
- Affiliates can request a review of any sign-ups at any time by submitting a Support Ticket to the Sales team.
- Togglebox reserves the right to refuse commission payments to anyone who attempts to falsify sign-ups, sign up for multiple accounts, or otherwise violates any part of our Terms of Service or Acceptable Use Policy.
- Affiliate Bonuses are only eligible for our standard product lines. Any special promotional VPS or Cloud is not eligible for Affiliate Bonus payouts.
The Customer may only use Togglebox’s services for lawful purposes.
In the event that Togglebox believes that the service is being used by the Customer illegally or in contravention with any of the terms and provisions contained in this Agreement, Togglebox has the right to immediately discontinue services to Customer without liability.
Togglebox reserves the right to report any illegal activities to any and all regulatory, administrative and/or governmental authorities for appropriate prosecution.
The following are restrictive and prohibited uses, and shall be cause for the immediate termination of this Agreement, Customer’s Account, Web Services, and all Data Retention without notice to the Customer:
- Unauthorized distribution or copying copyrighted data, materials, information, or software.
- Violation of United States export restrictions
- Embarrassment, fraud, trafficking in obscene material, drug dealing, and other illegal activities;
- Offering for sale or soliciting e-mail lists for the purposes of bulk e-mail.
- Unsolicited advertising via email and/or ‘Spamming’.
- Using a non-existing E-mail return address on a commercial solicitation, trolling (posting outrageous messages to generate numerous responses, mailbombing (sending multiple messages without significant new content to the same user), subscribing someone else to a mailing list without that person’s permission, cross-posting articles to an excessive number of newsgroups, or attempting without authorization to enter into a secured computer system.
- Tortuous conduct such as posting of defamatory, libelous, scandalous, or private information about a person without their consent, intentionally inflicting emotional distress, or violating trademarks, copyright, or other intellectual property rights.
- Illegal adult-oriented websites are prohibited.
- IRC is prohibited.
- Proxies are prohibited.
- Torrents are prohibited.
- Virtual Currency Mining and any long-running computational program are prohibited (BitCoin, etc.).
- Stock Trading Software
- Standard Support (Default): Standard support is considered Semi-Managed. The first 15 minutes of a support issue are complimentary. After the first 15 minutes a support issue can be considered billable. Further support for the issue will be priced at $15/15 minutes. Support fees are non-refundable. First Response SLA for support tickets with Standard Support is 4 hours.
- Priority Support ($20/month): Priority Support is a flat fee per Cloud instance. Priority Support does not charge based on the time required for an issue. First Response SLA for support tickets with Priority Support is 1 hour. Priorty Support fees are NOT REFUNDABLE.
- First Response SLA: The First Response SLA guarantees that our Support staff will confirm that the issue is being investigated or addressed. The First Response SLA does not guarantee any specific or estimated time for resolution to an issue.
- Togglebox does not guarantee or warranty the level of available support for Standard or Priority Support packages. “Best Effort” support is given for any application, software or files not specifically included in the Operating System templates that are provided.
- Togglebox currently offers support via Support Tickets, E-mail, and Live Chat.
- Some requests may not be able to be completed on Live Chat due to security, or time required for resolution. In these cases Togglebox Staff may request that a Support Ticket be submitted for continued support on the issue.
- Togglebox reserves the right to refuse support at any time.
SLAThis section defines the Network and Host Server Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- To Customers in good financial standing with Togglebox we guarantee that our network is available 99.9% and their virtual machine is available 99.9% of the time in a given Billing Month, excluding scheduled maintenance.
- The network is defined as core network infrastructure excluding the hardware, services and software running on your server.
- The server is defined as the Physical host hardware that houses the account and excludes software running on your server.
- If a service inside your virtual machine fails to start after the hardware problem is resolved this does not count towards our SLA.
- Downtime is measured from the moment the Customer notifies a Togglebox support representative of a failure to the time the Network or Server responds to an external “ping” request.
- If network downtime exceeds 0.1% in a given month, the Customer will be credited 5% of their monthly hosting fee, and an additional 5% for each additional 5 minutes of downtime up to 50% of the Customer ‘s monthly hosting fee.
- If server downtime exceeds 0.1% in a given month, the Customer will be credited 5% of their monthly hosting fee and an additional 5% for each additional 5 minutes of downtime up to 50% of the Customer ‘s monthly hosting fee.
- Credits shall not be provided to the Customer if network or server downtime is the result of:
- scheduled maintenance
- circumstances beyond Togglebox’s reasonable control, including, but not limited to: dDOS or other network attacks, upstream or 3rd party network outages, war, fire, flood, sabotage, labor disturbance, acts of government, acts of god
- Breaking this Agreement or Togglebox’s Acceptable Use Policy.
Togglebox will utilize its best efforts to maintain acceptable performance of services, but Togglebox makes absolutely no warranties whatsoever, express or implied, including warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Togglebox cannot guarantee continuous service, service at any particular time, or integrity of data stored or transmitted via its system or via the Internet. Togglebox will not be liable for the inadvertent disclosure of, or corruption or erasure of, date transmitted or received or stored on its system. Togglebox shall not be liable to Customer or any of its customers for any claims or damages which may be suffered by Customer or its customers, including, but not limited to, losses or damages of any and every nature, resulting from the loss of data, inability to access Internet, or inability to transmit or receive information, caused by, or resulting from, delays, nondeliveries, or service interruptions whether or not caused by the fault or negligence of Togglebox.
The use of any data or material, which Customer receives from the service provided by Togglebox, is at Customer’s sole and absolute risk. Togglebox specifically disclaims and denies any responsibility for the completeness, or accuracy of quality of any and all information obtained through the services to be provided hereby.
Customer agrees that it shall defend, indemnify, save and hold harmless from any and all demands, liabilities, losses, costs, claims, including reasonable attorney’s fees, (‘Liabilities’) against Togglebox, its agents, its customers, servants, officers, and employees, that may arise or result from any services provided, performed or agreed to be performed or any product sold by Customer, its agents, employees or assigns. Customer agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Togglebox against Liabilities arising out of any injury to person or property caused by any products sold or distributed in connection with Togglebox’s services; and material supplied by Customer infringing or allegedly infringing on the proprietary rights of a third party; copyright infringement and any defective product which Customer sold on Togglebox’s Services. As a result of this, Customer agrees that Togglebox shall not be liable to Customer for any claims of actual, compensatory and/or consequential damages which may be suffered by Customer, including, but not limited to, losses or damages due to the loss data resulting from delays, non deliveries, or service interruptions caused by the fault or negligence of Togglebox. Notwithstanding the above mentioned, Customer’s exclusive remedies, damages, losses and causes of actions shall not exceed the aggregate dollar amount which Customer paid during the term of this Agreement.
Togglebox will not be responsible for any damages your business may suffer. Togglebox makes no warranties of any kind, expressed or implied for services provided. Togglebox disclaims any warranty or merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The includes loss of data resulting from delays, non-deliveries, wrong delivery, and any and all service interruptions or failures caused by Togglebox and its employees. The services provided by Togglebox are provided AS-IS and without any warranty expressed or implied. Togglebox reserves the right to revise its policies at any time.
Togglebox cannot support the Cooltrade software. Cooltrade clients are leasing a virtual server from Togglebox – not the software, and must contact Cooltrade directly for any support or issues with their software. Togglebox will not be liable for any issues with the software or any trades made with the software. Cooltrade cloud clients agree that they are using this software at their own risk. Cooltrade clouds come with a special 30-Day Money Back Guarantee. After the first 30 days no refunds are eligible. To request a cancellation of your Cooltrade cloud server please contact us at email@example.com.
Togglebox reserves the right to modify this Terms of Service Agreement at any time in its sole and absolute discretion. Copyright © 2016 Togglebox. All rights reserved. Do not copy or redistribute in any form.